Come and join a winning team here at Primanti Bros. where we are not just another sports bar, not just another family-friendly restaurant, and not just a sandwich shop. Be a part of an iconic brand originating in Pittsburgh, PA that is just a little bolder and with a little more attitude than most!
We offer very competitive wages, a wide array of healthcare benefits upon eligibility, paid PTO upon eligibility, flexible scheduling to suit your life, a fun environment, free meals, and a place to grow your career.
ASSISTANT RESTAURANT MANAGER PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
Assistant Restaurant Managers, under the supervision of the General Manager, are responsible for the day-to-day operations of their restaurant. They direct restaurant operations to ensure compliance with brand and health & safety standards, along with acceptable financial performance.
ASSISTANT RESTAURANT MANAGER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Assists with administrative duties including the following: ordering, receiving, inventory, scheduling, and vendor invoice management.
2. Sources, interviews, and hires candidates, trains Players in their respective positions, delegates, provides direction to, evaluates, counsels, and disciplines Players as needed.
3. Oversees all daily financial responsibilities (cash handling, daily deposits, authorizes comps and voids, etc.) as required.
4. Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
5. Oversees cleaning and maintenance of equipment and facility to ensure that all health and safety regulations are adhered to.
6. Assists when needed with marketing strategy, implementing advertising & promotional campaigns to increase business.
7. Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization. Leads by example and fosters mentoring relationships.
8. Provides performance feedback and reviews for Players, assists with the professional development of their team.
9. Works effectively with management team and Players. Uses a high degree of initiative, judgement, and discretion. Possesses skill in organizing work and achieving goals & objectives.
10. Rectifies any Fan complaints.
11. Operates a computer and all associated hardware (MS Office, internet, LMS…) or systems.
12. When needed, may perform the duties of a Service Assistant, Line Cook, Server, or Bartender.
13. Assists in other duties as needed and directed and/or per Supervisor’s request.
ASSISTANT RESTAURANT MANAGER QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
Ability to read and write English.
Ability to verbalize and clearly respond to Fans and Players.
Stands/walks 100% of the shift.
Reaches, bends, stoops, and wipes frequently.
Lifts and carries up to 50lbs, up to 20 times per shift; places these items on high shelves and in walk-in cooler and/or freezer.
Works frequently in damp, hot work environment.
Works with an open flame.
Uses sharp knives and utensils.
May use slicers or other kitchen machinery.
Ability to hold items with hands (knives, pans) for extended periods of time, with up to 5lb of weight.
Looking for individuals with at least 2 years of previous Restaurant Experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
Paid time off